Tuesday, December 11, 2012

i'm back! and with great news!

i told myself i had to stop blogging for a little while because school was going to be my main priority.  i felt so much pressure to pass and overwhelmed by the thought of having to do things such as blogging and such.  well i am here to say that I PASSED NURSING SCHOOL ..... WE passed nursing school! yes, me and my hunny did it! we took our final exam last week on dec. 4 and found out our grade right away and did the calculations and realized we made it! we made it through the roughest journey of our lives and we did it together.  i feel so blessed that i was able to keep up and not fall behind a semester (i almost did during our hectic 8 week peds/ob rotation) but HEY 77=RN and thats what i am! (well officially after i pass boards).  i still haven't got my date yet to take the exam but, i have a feeling i will be fine...and david too.  and david already got a job! this dude was amazing to maintain a nurse tech and lab job while in school and helped him out to be accepted to work in ER as an RN sometime soon! i am so proud of him.  he inspires me to overcome my fears and push to be out of my "comfort zone" which is very hard for me....
so this week so far, we had our graduation banquet and NCLEX review course...and then on thursday is the BIG DAY! it will be our pinning ceremony! we get to wear our lovely, attractive white school nurse uniforms (that i used to say in clinicals, "we look like big tampons"haha).  for the pinning ceremony, we are considering that to be our graduation day but technically it is to "pin" the graduate nurses instead of the old school way of "hatting".  no one wears those silly nurse hats anymore...probably because men started to do nursing. (i couldn't imagine seeing david in a nurse hat) and afterwards, we are having a party at my old job that i worked for 6 years, chateau cafe. i am so happy it is going to be there because that is where my work ethic began back when i was 16 years old.  it is going to be such a fun night with family and friends! i can't wait! and YAY its CHRISTMAS TIME! this is the month of smiles!

here are some pictures from the past few months of being m.i.a.















No comments:

Post a Comment